At Home Address, we’re pretty keen on soup. In fact, we designed a soup mug especially! The delicious green pea soup featured on our product image was made by our food stylist Rachel, and can be rustled up in less than thirty minutes for a fast, healthy lunch or supper.
Green Pea Soup
1 banana shallot - chopped
1 clove garlic - chopped
¼ tsp ground cumin
400g frozen peas
600ml vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and pepper
Zest of ½ a lemon
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and fry the shallot over a low-medium heat, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook for a further 2 minutes until garlic has softened.
- Add the peas and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes until the peas are soft.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and lemon zest.
- Once cooled slightly, liquidise until completely smooth. Thin down to required consistency with some further stock or hot water.
- You can swirl some cream, crème fraiche or plain yoghurt through the soup before serving. Good with crusty bread!
The soup can also be served chilled in summer. It makes a lovely canapé, served chilled in a shot glass.